Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog - from being a personal diary to a brand booster...

I was boggling my mind for some time thinking of things to write for my blog. And then came the idea of blogging on 'blogging' itself.

Blogging has been there for a while now. Something knows as 'Vlogging' or video blogging also appeared a few years ago. But I prefer sticking to my old, simple and ever effective blog.

Ever wondered what a useful medium a blog is? It can be as small as penning down your daily diary to writing and maintaining an all professional blog for a company. There are so many blogs on so many different topics. Fashion, food, technology, environment, politics, personal problems- just think of a word under the sun and you have many great blogs on each of them. There is something for everyone out there.

Let me tell you my story. I have always been a loner and for me blog has been a great friend. I don't fancy sharing my feelings with many people. I prefer a personal diary to jot down the happiest and the most painful moments of my life. Now why not go digital instead of scratching your pen on a paper diary. No worries of running out of pages. You can also attach all sorts of multimedia with your posts- images, videos, songs and much more, all that you could not even think of putting in a paper diary...And the best part, it's a lot of fun too.

Think of maintaining a company's corporate image and goodwill, and a blog is a great way to boost your brand. Plus it facilitates two way communications in the form of comments. This is very important from Corporate Communications perspective.

So all those people out there who don't have their own blogs yet, I would be happy if you feel motivated now to create your own personalized digital space.

Trust me, it is a great device. Happy blogging!!!






No comments: